Specialized River Nymph & Switch - TFO Drift Rod/Canne
(Contactez nous pour une description en français)
The Drift Rod is designed to be light in overall weight, fast damping and well balanced. To accomplish this we used a mixture of our highest modulus carbon fiber along with a down-locking reel seat and removable weighted fighting butt. You can further fine-tune balance with 3/8th inch ID washers – depending on the weight of your reel. The tip is ultra-sensitive allowing one to distinguish between a subtle take and a bottom tick with a soft-tipped action that protects the very light tippets often needed to sustain a drift and remain invisible to a selective trout.
The versatility of this rod will amaze as it can be fished as a traditional 9’ 4 piece 3 weight, add a 1’ section to make it a 10’ rod, a 27 inch section to make it an 11’ 3 inch rod, or add both conversion sections for a length of 12’ 3 inches. So from traditional 3 weight lines to the tight line nymphing techniques including French, Czech and Polish styles, you’ll make the “leader only” tuck casts with accuracy and ease – at any rod length. Finally, we included a 3 inch lower cork grip that replaces the weighted fighting butt – perfect for the new micro spey lines and techniques… just pick the optimal length for the environment and application.
Jason Randall, the design coordinator, challenged us to create stripping guides that would allow one to add one or more sections without un-stringing line, leader, and flies. A big challenge but we did it… and have patented a guide that Lefty called one of the greatest innovations he has seen in the last 50 years. Rod length can be changed on stream in a matter of seconds and a reel with a couple of spare spools carrying a WF 3, nymphing setup and micro spey and you are well armed for any challenge you might face.
- Medium Action
- High modulus carbon fiber blank
- Precision Blank Over Ferrule Technology
- Aluminum alloy down locking reel seat
- Hand-picked premium Portuguese cork grip cork grip
- Hi-alloy stripping guides and hard chrome stainless steel snake guides
- Stripping guides can be restrung without unstringing the rod to change sections
- Removable weighted fighting butt
- 3-inch replaceable cork grip replaces the weighted fighting butt.
- TFO NXT GL1 LA reel
- Line backing
- Scientific Angler Level Fly line
- Scientific Angler Trout WF Fly line
- Scientific Angler Switch Adapt Fly line